Derek MacNeil Privacy, Data & Security
Areas of expertise
- Accomplished privacy, data & security solution architect and database software engineer with over 20+ years holding various positions at Siemens Healthineers, Medicalis, Agfa Healthcare.
- Skilled problems solver, with a succeffult history of defining, managing and merging privacy, data & security solution and quality systems.
- Respected and admired team builder and manager who has worked with many of the top health systems in the US.
- Expert level architect having deep focus on database design, development, performance and scalability.
- His experience has included Derek has spent an additional 9 years in professional services and financial services roles.
- Workng with a team of experts help drive the successful integration of an acquired company and a large multinational organization’s quality systems, products and services.
Skilled problems solver, with a succeffult history of defining, managing and merging privacy, data & security solution and quality systems.
As VP of Privacy, Data & Security, Derek drives coeus h3c’s information security program, data privacy and quality management system.
Derek is a problem solver with a successful history of defining and establishing impactful processes that drive constant incremental improvement. Throughout his career, his operational solutions have been subject to multiple successful internal and external ISO audits. Derek builds and organizes teams for success, finding cohesive people that will augment the strengths of current team members and fill gaps in areas of need. Derek’s roots are based in development, focusing deeply on database design, development, performance, and scalability. He is also a long-standing key contributor to development architecture, deployment architecture, performance, scalability, as well as security design and implementation.
Before joining coeus h3c, Derek worked in healthcare information systems for 20 years. Derek has held various positions at Siemens Healthineers, Medicalis, and Agfa Healthcare. His experience has included working with many of the top health systems in the US. Derek has spent an additional 9 years in professional services and financial services roles.
At Siemens Healthineers, Derek was a Data Privacy Advisor for enterprise workflow. In this role, he advised the product development and customer operations team on data privacy requirements, risk assessment and action plans. Derek was a member of the product architecture team for his tenure at Siemens and gave guidance on performance, scalability and all things database related. He was the director for various teams within the product line, including Customer Support, IT and Quality. Throughout this focus was the drive for operational excellence while working within all constraints. Additional efforts focused on successfully integrating the Medicalis product line into the greater Siemens process and culture.
At Medicalis, prior to integration with Siemens, Derek held various leadership positions. These included the Director of Technical Operations, Director of Product Development and Director of Customer Operations. Derek worked to help define the processes, tools, and security for corporate operations.
Derek has an Honors Bachelor of Science in Computing and Computer Electronics from Wilfrid Laurier University in Waterloo, Canada.
If you’d like a free consultation, please start by completing the form: